JAGGED ISLAND II
We are working on a new Jagged Island II product. Very soon a platform designed for quantitative finance will be available: for analysis, monitoring, disclosure and automated operation.
A single environment for big data characterized by heterogeneity and depth with a special attention to qualitative data.
An integrated development environment to create algorithms with the most popular and performing languages without limits in the use of open source libraries.
Designed to create analysis models, on assets or economic quantities, whose output is aimed at monitoring, the internal or informative reporting.
Designed to create execution algorithms (executors) that associated with the models play a high level algo trading.
An ultra low latency, high performance, high scalability architecture, to support the high data flow and the high algorithmic workload, without limits thanks to the strong scalability.
Watch the interview conducted by Le Fonti TV on
INNOVAZIONE E ALGO TRADING
Jagged Island is a software platform aimed at automated trading (black box trading).
It is designed to satisfy a series of requirements in terms of automated trading deriving from the proprietary trading experience.
In particular it allows freedom regarding the creation of models whilst managing time to your advantage. The system provides a high level of operational performance, regardless of the size of managed instruments, complexity or frequency of processing. The platform is designed to implement automated trading based on MODELS (owners or third parties). The aim is to allow the user to concentrate their focus on the creation, development, evaluation and selection of only the theoretical technical component (MODEL).
Jagged Island is equipped with a LAN architecture that allows you to maintain its characteristics unaltered regardless of the mass of instruments managed and the complexity of the processing.
It can be installed on standard hosts as on particularly high-performance hardware.
It remains extremely open and flexible with respect to any type of new application or hardware related to automated trading.
It is structured to overcome in a standardized way possible requirements of compliance with regulations and requests from compliance structures.
It allows the standardization of problems related to lending if there was the need.
The platform allows to effectively communicate with other types of software including TRADING PLATFORMS.
The platform allows:
- The creation of one or more (logical) PORTFOLIOS;
- The assignment of one or more instruments to each portfolio (also different for asset classes );
- The assignment by portfolio or by single instrument of a MODEL among those available to the platform;
- The setting of the strategic component (STRATEGY);
- The choice for portfolio or instrument of the TRADING PLATFORM to which to allocate operational requests;
- The choice for portfolio or instrument of the BROKER or direct access
The platform requires the availability of MODELS, owners or third parties used to analyze the state and evolution of the phenomena (market) and then delegate any actions to the strategic part and the other modules (eg: portfolio management, order management, management performed, etc …).
The strategies associated with one or more models are set directly in the user interfaces available in the platform’s clients (JIMonitoring). NB: if necessary, it is possible to insert strategic features directly in the model.
Degrees of freedom in drafting models :
- Widespread programming languages: models can be written with popular programming languages (Python, C / C ++) without complicating the user’s life with useless meta-languages and allowing him / her to be completely autonomous in the drafting of the model (internal support is available in case of request).
- Creativity: There are no limits to the logical implementations that can concern a MODEL: the level of complexity, of specificity, of calculation intensity and of frequency do not constitute a limit allowing creativity a high degree of freedom. Once you have a model this can be entered and made operational immediately.
- Rapid implementation: from the completion of a model to its implementation a few quick steps are required.
- Massive, reactive and continuous operation: each model can be implemented on a high mass of instruments and for performing frequencies
- The time required for installation is approximately 10 minutes
- It does not impact on existing trading structures
- It allows you to create, develop and implement proprietary or third-party models (simple or complex) quickly and with popular languages (Python, C / C ++) using the relative libraries. No meta-languages or particular environments are needed.
- It allows you not to worry about a mass of technicalities outside the models
- It allows you to operate on the market for a large number of instruments and squares , with reactivity and business continuity, while restoring a technical competitive advantage that translates into a return component
- It allows a saving of time and at the same time an increase of operations and precision